48 Hr Film Project

21:48

Our first assignment is a 48 hr film project. The class was split into two teams and we needed to produce a short film incorporating one prop and one quote from a list given to us by Phil. My team was me, Andrea, Nely and Krish.



We decided to do a story about two girls who enter a competition to win a phone (one of the props) where they have to take selfies with landmarks around Dundee. When the girls see each other they decide to sabotage the others pictures by photobombing.

Andrea drew us some storyboards, I booked the camera equipment and then we went off to start filming. We began up at the Dundee law, unfortunately we didn't check the camera charge beforehand and only managed to film up there for an hour before we had to go back to the uni to charge our camera.



We shot all of the scenes in the university, at the DCA, by the tay bridge and at the McManus gallery on day one and on day two went to the discovery and the desperate dan statue and then went back up the law to re shoot those scenes. After that we went off to the edit suite for a few days to cut together our footage. None of us had really had much experience with editing so I cut everything together in Premiere, Nely and Krish did all of the AfterEffects shots and Andrea created the graphics and the poster.

After that was done all that was left was to show the film to the rest of the class. I think I was hiding behind something for most of the viewing so I didn't have to watch people watch my (terrible) acting but they seemed to like it. It was a really fun project to do, we worked really well as a team and we all got to learn or try out some new skills.


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

I'm not sure what to put here yet

Subscribe