Lighting Part 2

15:23

So on Friday we had a refresher lesson about natural lighting. The lighting in our Going Live project is going to be very important so we requested this class to remind us of the lighting techniques we learned last semester.

This is the final image lit with IBL.

And this is the final image using our own lights.

Personally I prefer placing the lights myself as opposed to IBL just because I can get it looking exactly like I want it to (for a piece thats entirely animated anyway, if I was doing a VFX shot with live action plates then IBL would be ideal). At the moment, having discussed it briefly in the group, we think we will just place the lights ourselves. We hope to have the modelling for the project finished by the end of this week so we will look more in depth at the lighting set-up then. 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Popular Posts

I'm not sure what to put here yet

Subscribe